Wow! The year 2016 is almost here. I don’t know if yall do this, but I love to make a list of everything amazing I want to make sure and do this year. Here are the best of the best activities and fun to be had in our great state of Louisiana this year. Let us know what’s on your list!
1. Celebrate Vietnamese New Year
This annual festival in early 2016 is truly fun for all!
2. Have a fancy dinner at the new Brennan’s.
The big renovation of this classic New Orleans eatery has made it just gorgeous.
3. Spend a weekend with your love in St. Francisville
Facebook.com / St. Francisville Inn
It will melt your heart.
4. Attend the Meat Pie Festival of Natchitoches!
This annual festival celebrates all things meat and all things Natchitoches—what a great combination!
5. Go see the largest cypress in Louisiana at Cat Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Facebook.com / Berchman Soileau
6. Stroll around Hodges Gardens in Florien, LA
Truly a hidden gem of our state.
7. Eat a shrimp buster Herby K’s
Facebook.com / Herby K’s
Especially if you haven’t yet!
8. Check out the tunes and foods at the Festival Acadiens et Creoles in Lafayette
In my mind, the ideal Louisiana fall festival.
9. See the biggest waterfall in Louisiana at Sicily Island
Facebook.com / Derene Seal
10. Get an aerial view of the swamps with a seaplane tour.
Facebook.com / Southern Seaplane, Inc.
There’s a number of Louisiana companies that can give you an amazing adventure!
11. Volunteer at your favorite charity
It feels so good to give back to our great state.
12. Check out the amazing display of hot air balloons at the Ascension Hot Air Balloon Festival
Should be coming your way September 2016.
13. Go on a mystery adventure!
Escape My Room in New Orleans offers visitors the chance to solve puzzles and escape the old mansion before the clock runs out!
14. Check out Poverty Point World Heritage Site
15. Have a bbq for all your friends and family
What else are we here for anyway?
Did any of these activities catch your eye? What’s on your bucket list for 2016? Let us know in the comments below!